With an increasing demand for housing in urban areas, occupants’ and property owners’ requirements are changing. Single homes are not economically viable and landlords are opting for apartment blocks and terrace building designs in order to get maximum value for their lands. However, as an architect, it is your job to ensure that you meet your client’s requirement while, at the same time, ensuring good living standards via design.
A client has commissioned your team to design and produce 3D visualizations for a block of luxury apartments. You are required to complete the floor plans to presentation drawings standards and produce a 3D detailed model of the entire development (site inclusive). Your presentation skills and adept usage of CAD software will be tested here. Download the autoCAD drawing file here.
Download the competition details in pdf here
Procedural Rules and Conditions:
- Teamwork: Each submission can be individual or a group. Each group should be comprised of not more than 2 or 3 participants and each participant’s name must be clearly stated in the submission.
- Participants are allowed to modify the drawings to their design tastes but must not completely deviate from the scheme. i.e. parking layout, elevations, roof plan can change.
- Versatility: Your choice of software is unlimited. It is important that you generate clean and precise presentation drawings and 3D models. The judges will look out for your ability to use the software tools to achieve the task.
This competition is open only to all Architecture students of the Federal University of Technology, Akure. Entries shall be accepted from students in all levels (undergraduates and postgraduate/masters).
- All entry submissions should be sent via email to email@example.com
- Completed presentation drawings showing furnished floor plans, elevations, excluding sections. (In A3 standard sheet prints. CAD format should be sent via mail)
- Computer generated perspectives and 3D imagery is required (maximum of 5shots); No physical model is required. (Jpeg format, each image should not be larger than 1mb)
Dates & Deadlines:
- Commencement date is Wednesday, January 9th, 2013
- Submission on A3 sized sheet (to the department) and CAD format via email should be made on or before Feb. 1, 2013.
- 10Entries will be shortlisted for the final stage by judges on Feb. 4, 2013.
- 3Winning entries to be announced at the CAD symposium on Feb. 5,2013.
The winning entries shall be announced at the CAD symposium in the department of Architecture on February 5 and displayed in print during the event.
- The best entry (individual/group) shall have an all-expense paid 3-day trip to Chronos Studeos, Lekki, Lagos and will have studio work sessions with teamChronos on conceptual presentations, sneak modelling & rendering for Architecture.
- The two runner-ups shall receive their prizes at the event.
- The remaining 7 shortlisted entries shall also be rewarded at the event
- All 10 shortlisted entries will be published on www.chronos-studeos.com/blog
We will be glad to answer any questions you may have concerning the competition.
All enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org